2 Years ago Creighton was our total surprise baby. We were so excited to have a son added to our family! He came into the world on September 19 at 10:00 am and weighed in at 6lb 8oz.
Two weeks after he was born and after a week in the NICU Creighton was diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome. A rare birth defect. PWS causes low muscle tone, mental retardation, high pain tolerance, irregular temperature, and a disfunction of the hypothalimus. In other words Creighton is always hungry never full.


The first year was quit a challenge for our family. Creighton had to have surgery before his first birthday and 2 different sleep studies done. He was also getting physical therapy and was being sent from one specialist to another.



But we made it to Birthday ONE!





And the last year has been more JOY from a little boy than a family could ever ask for!
So here we are two years in and more in love with Creighton than we ever thought possible!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our very special little boy. You are more joy than a family could ask for!





9 comments:
He is such a sweetie - I just want to squish him every time i see him. Happy Birthday creighton. You are a joy to all those around you!!!
He just gets cuter by the day!...such a handsome little man! :) Hope you all had a great time celebrating his b-day!
By the way, your camping, I mean house boat, adventure sounded so fun! heehee!! :)
I loved that post and the love IU could feel reading it. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to find out and to see your little baby going through so much. He is absolutely adorable!!
BTW I love the quote under your picture.
I can't believe he is 2 already...it seems like little guy was just born! We love you Creighton!
We Love You Creighton!!!! I love the pics and what you wrote, I had chills the whole time.
I love our CP! He is the most wonderful addition to our family! We didn't even know we were missing him until he came into our world. He has taught us more in two years than we could ever have imagine. Thank you Creighton for simply being YOU!
Love ya...Nana
HEIDI!!! HI! How are you! Im so happy I found you! The kids are getting SO big!! and beautiful! I miss you guys! I really hope everything is going great!
Ummm, yes! I can hardly wait any longer!!! I can't believe how fast time is flying! we'll be in DL in no time!!!
you just made me bawl Heidi!! We love special kids, and Creighton is DEFINATELY special in SOOO many ways!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment