Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hage Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest!

For the last 6 years and maybe longer the Hage family has held a pumpkin carving contest.  I hate to brag but Bryan and I have won FIRST place for the past few years.  Here are a few from years past.
This was our Pumpkin Pool.  Equipped with a diving board, water wings, towels and even water!
This was our Pumpkin Burger.  The entire thing was made with real food!

This next First place winner was actually carved by Tim Strazzo.  It took him and Bry and Jami a few hours to get this one finished.  When it was done it was awesome!

So the point of all this you are wondering? I am looking for ideas for this year.  So if you have any First place ideas let me know!

4 comments:

The Elmers said...

Oh my gosh, I never seen such cute pumpkins!!! Not only that, but I am jealous of this fun family event...what a good idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...Here is an idea...You shouldn't post the ideas over the net...We might cheat! Although, no need...We are going to win...finally...this year our idea is awesome!

Love ya...losers!

Gayle

Anonymous said...

I got the idea from you Gayle, The Snider's are having their 1st pumpkin carving contest this weekend! YEA! Julie

Filetti Family said...

Wow, these are some of the most creative pumpkins I have EVER seen. Great job! I'm glad I have never been in a contest with you guys. My carving skills are very limited. :)