(PLEASE TRY NOT TO JUDGE.)
Well, it all started yesterday morning. Kinsey, Creighton and I started the morning off with a wonderful breakfast together and alot of excitement for the upcoming events of the day. I had canceled Creightons therapy and we were all going on Kinseys field trip to the Magic Circle Theater for a play. The morning went great and the play was really fun. After the play Kari asked if we wanted to join her for lunch at Chick-Fil-A and let the kids play for a little bit. After about an hour the kids were eating ice cream and that is when all HELL broke loose. (pardon the use of words, it is necessary.) Kinsey got upset because she wanted to sit by Zack and Kali and there were only 2 chairs. So I told her to CALM DOWN or we are going home. She then began to scream. And I don't mean a little cry I mean SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER! So I proceed to gather our things and get her shoes from the play land so we can go. So picture the entire Chick-Fil-A packed with people! I mean people everywhere looking at me and my daughter who has completely lost control. So I grab her hand and DRAG her out the door only on the way out I loose control and slap her face. Yes, you read it right! I slapped my daughters face. Only instead if hitting her mouth I hit her nose and her mouth and there was blood everywhere! I gave my kid a BLOODY NOSE! Can you believe I made my kid bleed. Anyway, we got all cleaned up and in the car and I cried all the way home with one eye in my rear view mirror just waiting for the cops to pull me over and take my kids!
So now when you need to threaten your kids just tell them they could have me for a mom and I punch my kids in the face!
OH SHE IS SO PLEASANT!





13 comments:
Oh Heidi! I'm so sorry! I used to hate the whole playland thing! I have literally climbed up one of those slides to chase a child who claimed they were never leaving! I had to drag him out, kicking and screaming the whole way! I was so embarrassed and so angry! I was fuming the whole way home! Over the next month, I made a point of pretending that we were supposed to meet friends at the playplace, but we couldn't because of what happened last time. When I got tired of being the bad guy that wouldn't bring them back, I started to blame it on the store that wouldn't let us come back. Sometimes, I would even take the long way home so we could drive by! I would always ask if they thought the workers had forgotten so maybe we could go back. Maybe it was a little mean, but it worked! Hope your weekend goes better!
Heidi, I think we have all been to the point of bursting and letting a hand fly every now now and then ;) How sad that it gave her a bloody nose in public, I can imagine how you felt! Oh man! And chick-fil-et is always PACKED too! You poor thing! I still love you guys haha! (although this does give me the dirt I needed on you...the other night "what do you guys say about me..." haha) jk, I love you! P.s. that was sooo much freakin' fun the other night, I need to get out and laugh like that more often!
You are NOT a bod mom. It is so hard when they just melt down like that. I have left places crying before too...
hang in there. they do grow up...thank goodnes!
Heidi you are sooooo NOT a bad mom!! You actually handled the situation quite well and stayed so calm. Don't be so hard on yourself...the bloody nose was TOTALLY an accident!! Your hand just didn't quite pop her on the mouth where you intended...I would have totally popped my child on the mouth too if they were having a melt down!! You are a great mom and I am sooo sorry it had to end that way yesterday! My kids still LOVE Kinseye and ask to play with her EVERY day!! For now, I hope you are enjoying your weekend in Vegas with NO kids!!!Enjoy it while you can!!!
Oh my gosh! That story just made my day! That is so hilarious! I can totally picture it! Don't worry....it happens!! LOL
OH Heidi!! Knock it off... you rock! You are such a great mom! I can say that we all would have done something similiar...the bloody part was just an accident. She'll totally forget that happened so forgive yourself girl! :) I think I've accidently pinched Avery's cheeks so hard that she got a bruise...yikes, those three year olds now how to push our buttons.
ha ha ha heidi you are hilarious! i'm sure i'll get there one day, too
LOL, we totally gave Justin a bloody nose when we were visiting Utah at the Training Table...only Jeff accidentally slammed his face onto the corner of the wall part of our booth...totally traumatic, I'm with you!
YOU ARE NOT a bad mommy (and I can picture it with Zach and Kali, been there!) Those kids all together get so hyped up, shoot, I'm sure you handled it fine and all the other moms in there were thinking, poor lady she's doing her best. We can all relate to those days. You're great!
It's funny because anyone with a three year old has totally been there...the screaming kid, everyone staring...oh, just thinking about how many times Jackson has done that makes me mad! Oh well, just part of motherhood I guess. But atleast we can laugh at it! : )
Well.. you obviously aren't an abusive mom because you actually posted that story! Maybe it will help Kinsey with acting out to know you are willing to "punch" her even in public places. Love ya, Jaydee
Heidi Hage...I think you are an awesome mother! However that said I will testify at the hearing...hahaha...Seriously we have all been there. I love you and I adore your children! (even the spicy one!!!)
Love,
Gayle
Oh girl I'm so sorry but that is freakin hilarious! I sometimes will spank Caleb's bottom if he is being REALLY bad for punishment. One day we were at the mall play place and he didn't want to leave so I got real stern with him and told him to come NOW! After dragging him away he began to say "Don't hit me, don't hit me." I turned beat red and came home and told Jared we needed a new form of punishment. Got to love kids!
Now you know why avoid situations like these. These are the places where my children would be slapped as well!! hahahaha. You are a great mom. We have ALL had that moment when we just wanted to teach them a little lesson and instead our lid popped and we were monster mom!! Oh wait now I'm talking about me not you! Love you! Your kids are the luckiest!
Post a Comment