Poor Creighton. You would never know by looking at this first picture that he was just at the dentist 2 hours earlier and had 2 teeth pulled! This poor kid has the WORST dental history. Most people with Prader-Willi Syndrome have a very thick and acidic saliva. So when Creighton was 2 years old we took him to the dentist and they capped all his baby teeth to try and prevent major work from needing to be done later in his childhood. Up until about 4 months ago the caps were working perfect until one of them fell off! So I took him to the dentist hoping to just get a couple of the caps fixed and the dentist said the best thing to do was to pull the teeth. Looking back it will be the cheaper route but not the easiest for a mother when she has to hold her sons hands to his sides as they yank his teeth out! (I'm adding drama!) He is a champ and is so excited to have lost 2 teeth and even more excited that the tooth fairy is coming tonight! I on the other hand am passing all dental duties to Bryan! I don't think I can go through that again! I cried more than Creighton!
11 years ago





3 comments:
Oh Heidi, I am tearing up just reading your post!! Poor little Creighton has been through so much, but yes...a trooper he is. YOu can't help but love his sweet little spirit!! He's the best!! That tooth fairy better leave some big bucks !!!!
Oh my heck, Heidi! That's awful! I'm so sorry, poor little Creight! I'm so sad for him!
You better make Bryan do it next time!
Sad. I will go if Bry can't make it. You and Creighton have been through enough.
Post a Comment