Its been a rough last couple of weeks for me as a mother. Some times at the end of a day I feel like all I did was argue with kids, break up fights, get yelled at and clean up everyone elses messes. Sometimes its just hard to keep smiling at my children when I really want to just lock myself in my room for some peace and quiet! I keep telling myself I am learning patience. A friend of mine put this amazing quote on her blog and I copied it. (Thanks Kelly) So while I am learning patience I will post this quote on my fridge and keep trying harder to be the peace in my children's lives that they desperately need. They really are so much fun most of the time.:)
“Parents, remember that now is your opportunity. You may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with children, but you are living the happiest and most golden years of your life. As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them. Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they will hear throughout life. Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails. The Lord help will you do so…” ~Harold B. Lee






5 comments:
you're not alone! thanks, that quote made my day!
You're a great mom Heidi, keep it up!!
Oh, don't we all feel like this sometimes? I know I do, maybe too much lately!!! Thanks for the quote....it is a good reminder. These times are already going so fast and I know i'm going to miss them!!! Chin up...you are an amazing mom!!!
Love it! Isn't a great way to check yourself? You are a great mom and trust me, we all feel that way! Its part of our job description as moms, right?
Ok so the post from "Brittany" is really from me! LOL I am on my work computer and it was already logged onto a girl here named Brittany! LOL
Post a Comment