Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

IN HONOR OF AUNT RONNA

On March 13, 2007, after a 3 month battle with Pancreatic Cancer, my 49 year old Aunt Ronna passed away.   She was diagnosed this last Christmas with stage 4 cancer and prayed that she would go fast and not be a burden on anyone.  Heavenly Father listened and took her after 3 short months.  Ronna will be greatly missed!  This picture is of her with 3 of her kids.  She also has a 5 year old son who is not in this photo.

This is her son Jason and her daughter Danele putting flowers on her casket.
This flower arrangement for the funeral was from my mom, my aunt Linda 
and my Grandmother.

THE DAY GOD CALLED YOU HOME
God looked around his garden and he found an empty place.  
And then He looked down upon the earth, and saw your tired face.
He put His arms around you, and lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain, 
He knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough, and the hills were hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids, and whispered "Come, it's time."
It broke our hearts to lose you.  But you didn't go alone, 
For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.

2 comments:

The Aldridge Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. It seems like you're a really close family and you love her very much. The poem that you added really touched me. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. My grandpa, who I was very close to, passed away almost one year ago and that poem made me think of him. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you're doing okay. Please let me know if there is any way I can help you if you need it.

Laura said...

Hi! I found your blog so I thought I would say hi! So sorry about your aunt once again, thats a beautiful tribute to her... It was fun hanging out with you guys yesterday, we'll for sure have to do it again sometime. And we also need to go to the pool next week, it's supposed to be so nice! Yay! I need your phone number (unless the one in the directory is your home one)