Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Womens Conference 2010

This was my first year making it to Women's Conference in Utah and I had the most AMAZING time. I was lucky enough to spend the two days with some wonderful women including my mother, my mother-in-law (Gayle) my sister-in-law (Whitney) and some dear friends Sister Schmear (Marsha) and daughter Schmear (Mandy). Women's Conference was a much needed break from reality for me. My spiritual cup (that was empty) was totally filled and over flowing! We heard some amazing speaker including Elder Oaks and his wife, Mary Ellen Edwards, Jack Christianson and many more. We felt the spirit, cryed, laughed and laughed until we cryed.

I just want these women to know I love them and they made women's conference PERFECT!

This is me with my beautiful mother.
My cute Whitney and other mom Gayle.
This is Marsha and Julie (sorry Julie you couldn't be there! We missed you!) and Mandy.
All the girls
I also ran into an old friend Tammy. I met Tammy 7 years ago in my first ward after Bryan and I were married. It was so good to see her and catch up!

We decided to make this a yearly event! I am so excited for next year! I love you girls and so appreciate the women you are. A huge THANKS to my mom for coming with me and an even BIGGER THANKS to my dad who took 2 days off work to watch my kids so I could go have a worry free time. I love you dad and my kids are still talking about the time they had alone with Papa Wil!

4 comments:

Carrie Motley said...

How fun Heidi! I'm so glad you got to go. Kinda jealous actually :) I wish I could somehow get out there one of these years for Women's Conf. Glad you had a good trip!

Kari said...

ok funny...that was me on the above comment. somehow signed in as mark. I would hope he doesn't want to go to women's conf. haha! oops :)

Lindsi Morrison said...

Jealous!! I would love to do that someday!! Miss your pretty face!!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

so fun to see you...maybe one of these times we can actually go do something like old times ;)