Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Monday, September 28, 2009

"I am just visiting."

Here's how it went down.  We woke up earlier than normal for a Monday and headed out the door to take Creighton to his 3 year check up.  Don't worry that the doctor informed me, my son is short and fat.  In the words of the doctor "Creighton is VERY overweight."  Whatever!  We like them chubby!  So we arrive at Kaiser and a nurse takes us back to do the height/weight thing on Creighton and my daughter announces "I am here with my brother but don't worry about me I am just visiting today!"  She was making it very clear she did not want shots today!  So the nurse takes us back into the room and the doctor comes in.  My daughter again says "Hi doctor, I am just visiting today.  No shots for me."  Lets just cut to the chase and say if you were anywhere within a 50 mile radius of Kaiser Lincoln to day you probably heard my daughter screaming when the nurse came in a gave her a flu vaccination.  It took both myself and the nurse to hold her little 4 year old body down!  My son on the other hand was so very excited to get a band aid.  He didn't make a peep when the shot was given.  Didn't even flinch.  He just told every person we passed walking to the car that he got a band aid from the doctor!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Hahaha...that is too funny! We were actually there today getting our flu shots too! Creighton is such an awesome little guy and Kinsey is hilarious! :)

Loren said...

That is so funny!!! I can't believe what a tough little guy Creighton is. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get my kids' flu shots.

Oh...and who is your pediatrician? That was seriously so rude!

the straz fam said...

Awww...that little Creighton is such a sweetheart. I need to see him soon and give him a big squeeze!

The Elmers said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! I can picture that so well!! Kammy obsesses like that too...And Creighton is a pro with shots :)

Also.....

You are on a bloggin roll!!! Go Heidi!

Kari said...

Yeah Bloggin roll for sure! Keep em comin! K, that is seriously hilarious about Kinsey telling them she is just visiting. HAha! And then to have her stuck with a needle! How dare you!! How cute that Creighton only cared about the bandaid too. What a little stud!